You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I am attempting to update my apps, I my iPhone is asking me to re-sign in to an Apple ID I no longer use and I am not logged into.

When I am attempting to update my apps, my iPhone is asking me to re-sign in to an Apple ID I no longer use and I am not logged into. But in my settings it is showing my current Apple ID so I am not sure why it all of a sudden is asking for my old appleID login. What do I do to fix that?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 6:57 PM

3 replies

Jun 21, 2023 7:50 PM in response to Jstansel

Jstansel wrote:

When I am attempting to update my apps, my iPhone is asking me to re-sign in to an Apple ID I no longer use and I am not logged into. But in my settings it is showing my current Apple ID so I am not sure why it all of a sudden is asking for my old appleID login. What do I do to fix that?

Delete the app, and re-download it from the Apple ID you want to use.

When I am attempting to update my apps, I my iPhone is asking me to re-sign in to an Apple ID I no longer use and I am not logged into.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.