You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up Apple Pay on iMac?

2017 iMac desktop (Ventura 13.4.1) does not have a wallet and I do not see how to use apple pay.

Apple Support sez "Mac models introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch" are compatible. I have these set up for Apple Pay.

So what is the secret to getting it to work on my iMac?

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 10:51 PM

Correct you do need a keyboard with Touch ID to even make some of those functions available. Do you have the keyboard with the Touch ID authentication feature? (You know the fingerprint button on the top right?), if so then somethings not working as it should.

Use Touch ID on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

8 replies

Jun 21, 2023 10:10 PM in response to DiZoE

There is no wallet in System Settings.

There is nothing to set up.

It works on my iPhone (sort of....Send $ keeps giving me Try again later. That's a different problem).

Again, this is a 2017 desktop (no touchpad). According to Support, this should work if I have a iPhone and/or watch (I do). Maybe the term "mac models" excludes desktops but if my desktop is not a mac then I must not be writing this.

I just struggled through sending a fraction of what I intend to send in 2 smaller amounts after many "try again later's) using my phone. This could be Apple or Bank trying to protect me from myself because I don't usually send money. I guess I have to give them credit for not allowing me to clean myself out.

Jun 21, 2023 10:20 PM in response to JonH229

Hey again!

I get it. If it doesn’t show up in Settings, I’ve seen this happen before with the Magic Keyboard, (If that’s what you are using). Sometimes if the keyboard firmware isn’t up to date this may happen, and it won’t show until it detects a keyboard with tough ID as being connected.

Does it show if you connect the keyboard by a cable?

If either of the scenarios above apply, I may:

Plug the keyboard in for a good hour, (While keeping the computer awake, as to update the firmware). Disconnect it, restart your Mac, log in. If the Wallet or Touch ID Settings still don’t appear, turn off the keyboard via the switch in the back or bottom, turn on again and give it a minute.

If I’m off, I apologize, but this is what I’ve seen with either Touch ID not working for certain things, or Wallet not showing up. It’s possible iCloud Keychain may have a role in this as well, let me know how it goes or if I’m off on the behavior you’re having or if I can help further, glad to!

Jun 21, 2023 10:40 PM in response to DiZoE

That's interesting stuff. I have the Apple BT keyboard. The only thing magic about it is that it's nearly useless for touch typing. I am unaware of keyboards (and mice??) needing a firmware update. I'll research that, thanks for this tip.

At any rate, this keyboard does not have a touch bar ribbon along the top.

I've been through a bunch of web sites with tips and have covered those bases except for the suggestions that involve resetting network settings (I don't want to lose my cached settings) or disabling wallet services on all my devices and then re-doing. I moved to Apple because "it just works" and that is not happening.

I appreciate your time and again, that keyboard firmware is an interesting thought. As a desktop I never turn it off, but the screen does blank. I'm not using any sleep features (I do blank the screen tho), this is not a laptop so there is no battery to protect. I only need to plug in the keyboard about 3x/year to charge it, the last time was a month ago. But I'll leave it plugged in overnight and reboot.

I have had missing 'features' since Ventura was released, most notably in the Network Settings which I finally fixed myself by adding new services and deleting prior ones that would not display in their panel. Maybe this wallet thing is a similar issue.

How do I set up Apple Pay on iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.