You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the device that is being shared? I want to temporarily change my sharing device to a MacBook.

I am currently sharing my location with a few family members and want to switch the device they are tracking. I am trying to switch my device sharing to a MacBook rather than my iPhone.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 10:02 AM

From the linked article:

When Share My Location is turned on, you can share your location with friends, family, and contacts from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Find My. You can also share your location in the Find People app on watchOS 6 or later with Apple Watch models that have GPS and cellular and are paired with your iPhone.

You cannot share your location from your MacBook.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2023 10:02 AM in response to Derbyy

From the linked article:

When Share My Location is turned on, you can share your location with friends, family, and contacts from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Find My. You can also share your location in the Find People app on watchOS 6 or later with Apple Watch models that have GPS and cellular and are paired with your iPhone.

You cannot share your location from your MacBook.

tt2

How can I change the device that is being shared? I want to temporarily change my sharing device to a MacBook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.