You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPhone to Camera

A bit of a strange question: I'm wondering if it's possible to connect the iPhone power cord to a camera (with a USB-C adaptor or is there a specialized cord that already has USB-C)?

Here's what I'm trying to do: I've tried the CanonConnect App which allows me to see what my camera sees from my phone via a Bluetooth connection. It works, but there's a lengthy delay and it disconnects frequently. So I was thinking along the lines of how you can connect the camera to a laptop to see what the camera sees through the laptop. For my particular application in the field, a laptop wouldn't work, so I wondered if I can connect it to the phone to get a faster more immediate play than the delayed bluetooth method. TIA!

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 8:46 AM

If I understamnd your situation correctly you would like to use iPhone as a display for a Cannon Camera connected to the iPhone using a cable?

No, you cannot use an iPhone as a display for a Canon camera by directly connecting them with a cable. iPhones do not have a video input port or support for acting as an external monitor for other devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2023 8:46 AM in response to PawPrintsPhoto

If I understamnd your situation correctly you would like to use iPhone as a display for a Cannon Camera connected to the iPhone using a cable?

No, you cannot use an iPhone as a display for a Canon camera by directly connecting them with a cable. iPhones do not have a video input port or support for acting as an external monitor for other devices.

Apr 13, 2024 9:04 AM in response to PawPrintsPhoto

I don’t know about what use you’re trying to implement; however, all I do is simply download my Canon EOS camera photo pictures to my computer and then pick them up with the phone. I believe I emailed them to my phone, but just add them to my stock of photos on my phone at that point. Doesn’t take any more less time, I suppose, but it would be pretty convenient to have a cord that goes from cam to phone. True. I thought I had found one once, but probably not.

Connecting iPhone to Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.