You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac forgets my WIFI network

Over the last 2 weeks, my Mac has been forgetting my main WIFI network. It connects to a back-up router automatically, which does not work (no internet connection). I had the Mac "forget" this back-up router, but it does not auto-join the main WIFI network. (Yes, auto-join is selected.) The main WIFI is hidden, so I need to type the WIFI router name each time and the password, every time my computer goes to sleep. Once I do this, the WIFI works, but I do not want to keep typing the router name and password, each time. Any suggestions why this is happening. I have another (older) Mac, which is working fine, using the main WIFI network, without any issues.

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 7:22 PM

skalicin1 Said:

"My Mac forgets my WIFI network: Over the last 2 weeks, my Mac has been forgetting my main WIFI network. It connects to a back-up router automatically, which does not work (no internet connection).[...]The main WIFI is hidden, so I need to type the WIFI router name each time and the password, every time my computer goes to sleep.[...]"

-------

Finding the SSID:

If you are hiding you SSID, then look on your other devices.

Setup and Use Keychain:

As for the password, look in Keychain on your Mac. If it is not set up, as of yet, then set it up. Then, look at the contents for this password:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2023 7:22 PM in response to skalicin1

skalicin1 Said:

"My Mac forgets my WIFI network: Over the last 2 weeks, my Mac has been forgetting my main WIFI network. It connects to a back-up router automatically, which does not work (no internet connection).[...]The main WIFI is hidden, so I need to type the WIFI router name each time and the password, every time my computer goes to sleep.[...]"

-------

Finding the SSID:

If you are hiding you SSID, then look on your other devices.

Setup and Use Keychain:

As for the password, look in Keychain on your Mac. If it is not set up, as of yet, then set it up. Then, look at the contents for this password:

My Mac forgets my WIFI network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.