You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad Student discount (opted out of offer)

I had already bought a Mac book Air with a student discount last year with which I received a free Airpods 2nd gen. Now I wish to buy an iPad Air with a student discount when I opt out of the offer the amount (Apple pencil2 - said that it was free with a student discount(Web site)) was not deducted at my checkout. but the web page says that if I did not opt for the offer I will be get deducted the respective amount from my purchase. Please help me. Thanks in advance:) till now i just bought one device (mac) from apple.

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 12:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 5:15 AM

Hi, so does it mean that the price will just stay the same even if we opt out of the offer?

6 replies

Jun 24, 2023 7:10 AM in response to srinivasa84

The free offer works like this…

If you accept the offer of receiving a free Apple Pencil, the final sales invoice will include the cost of the pencil - however, the cost of the iPad will be reduced by this amount.

If you opt-out of receiving the free Apple Pencil, the sales invoice will show the full cost of the iPad.

Either with or without the “free” Apple Pencil, the final cost will be the same. Apple structures their prices in this way to prevent fraudulent returns for credit that inflate the return value.

I pad Student discount (opted out of offer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.