You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UI Scaling (HiDPI) for 1440p monitor

Is there ANY way to set UI scaling for a 1440p (QHD) monitor? The native resolution of 2560 x 1440 makes things way too small, and decreasing the resolution obviously lowers the image quality significantly. I've found some 3rd party solutions, but most of them seem like hacks, or require you to alter system files.

Is there any way to change the UI scaling to make the monitor usable at the native resolution?

Currently running a 2018 MacBook Pro with Ventura 13.4.1.

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 7:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 9:13 AM

There are good 3rd party utilities, some of them free, like BetterDisplay. It offers so many options, I think it could help you achieve what you want.

If you read up on their github page, you will see that it is not just a hack, it is a very comprehensive app to tap on the capabilities of your mac displays.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2023 9:13 AM in response to cjohnson585

There are good 3rd party utilities, some of them free, like BetterDisplay. It offers so many options, I think it could help you achieve what you want.

If you read up on their github page, you will see that it is not just a hack, it is a very comprehensive app to tap on the capabilities of your mac displays.

UI Scaling (HiDPI) for 1440p monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.