You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPod case won’t charge at all and I don’t know why. The cord is good, the lightning port is clean, but the just won’t charge. I’ve tried resetting them but it didn’t help.

So my AirPod case won’t charge, and I have no clue why. The lightning port is clean, the cord is good, and I’ve tried resetting them but it didn’t help. Why won’t it charge?

AirPods Pro

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 6:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 2:47 AM

The only way to diagnose failed charging is hands-on testing which is a bit difficult on line! You are the remote hands and eyes for this... You don't even tell us what you see with your eyes to make you think it is not charging

Check the charging adaptor works, by plugging the Lightning cable into your iPhone and see if it charges. Based on what you see, probably take a look at

If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2023 2:47 AM in response to Presmith09

The only way to diagnose failed charging is hands-on testing which is a bit difficult on line! You are the remote hands and eyes for this... You don't even tell us what you see with your eyes to make you think it is not charging

Check the charging adaptor works, by plugging the Lightning cable into your iPhone and see if it charges. Based on what you see, probably take a look at

If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

Jun 30, 2023 9:30 AM in response to Presmith09

The cord does work, as it charges my phone just fine. I know it won’t charge my AirPod case though as when I plug it into the case, the little red light doesn’t show like it’s supposed to signal that it’s charging. Also, when I go to the battery widget on my phone, it says the my AirPods are dead (which is true) and that the case is at 1% (also true).

I have also tried to wirelessly charge them but that did not work either.

My AirPod case won’t charge at all and I don’t know why. The cord is good, the lightning port is clean, but the just won’t charge. I’ve tried resetting them but it didn’t help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.