You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passwords not remembered

Keychain doesn’t remember passwords it suggests

iPad Pro

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 6:31 AM

Seems that it happens on MacOS, iPadOS and iPhoneOS. The system suggests a strong password, but when I try to log on to a site it doesn’t remember and I can’t find the password in Keychain on the Mac or in Passwords on iPad and iPhone.

4 replies

Jun 29, 2023 6:19 AM in response to a brody

Yes, I know that; the problem is that when I search for the password it recommended it’s not in Keychain (on the Mac), or in Passwords on the iPhone/iPad. The unfortunate result is that I have to go through the “forgot my password” process on the new login, then create a password manually because the Mac/iPhone/iPad won’t remember it. This may be because it doesn’t have the correct URL to associate with the new password, but it seems like there should be a “recently created” password where it can be found. It just doesn’t seem to remember it at all.

It WILL remember it when I log in the the site the second time after I have created it manually. It just DOESN’T remember its suggested passwords.

passwords not remembered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.