You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been asked to signin to my account every time I switch Chromecast TVs

Is there a reason I should be asked to sign-in to Apple TV+ app every time I go to a different TV.

I have Multiple Google Chromecast TVs in my house, Moving from the living room to the bedroom, i would not expect to have to sign in again after the first setup.

both devices had been working in the past.

Normally watch in Apple TV in the living room, a couple of days ago i went to the bedroom to watch. I was forced to sign-in again. Yesterday I started the App on the living room, it asked me to sign-in again.

then moved back to the bedroom to watch another episode and it asked me to sign in again, for the Third time on the device.

at this point i am expecting to have to sign in on the living room device again.

This is kind of ridiculous for a service that supports multiple streams.

Both devices are on the same wired network.

is this a known issue with AppleTV+ ? is the something with the way that google chromecast tvs do things that appletv is having an issue with?

Chromecast,

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 9:05 AM

While I don’t have hands-on experience with your model device, I don’t think it is supposed to behave the way that you describe. The app shouldn’t care about (changing) IP address that much. Such doesn’t apply to other devices with the Apple TV app.

• See if newer system software is available for your device.
  • See if the Apple TV app is set to update automatically.
  • Try deleting and reinstalling of the Apple TV app.
  • Try a reboot of the device.

If the issue persists after that, then consider contacting an expert from the Apple Support staff.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2023 9:05 AM in response to timatics

While I don’t have hands-on experience with your model device, I don’t think it is supposed to behave the way that you describe. The app shouldn’t care about (changing) IP address that much. Such doesn’t apply to other devices with the Apple TV app.

• See if newer system software is available for your device.
  • See if the Apple TV app is set to update automatically.
  • Try deleting and reinstalling of the Apple TV app.
  • Try a reboot of the device.

If the issue persists after that, then consider contacting an expert from the Apple Support staff.

Jun 28, 2023 8:04 AM in response to timatics

The Apple TV app is designed to write the last known user details to disk at time of closing the app. So it should remember the last active user when started again, unless signed out or reset — per device.

Not sure what you mean by Chromecast TV. Is that something different from Android TV OS or Google TV OS? Or did you mean the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle?

Jun 28, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Urquhart1244

It is the Chromecast with Google TV, the both are the 4k version. None of the other Apps have done this. It seems to remember the account fine, it just pops up a QR code and asked me to verify the account after watching on the other device.

It seems like a account sharing prevention. but both devices are on the same network, should be coming from the SAME public IP , unless google is using a VPN on the devices( best guess on what could be happening).

router only changes IP after reboot, it has been up for months.

I have been asked to signin to my account every time I switch Chromecast TVs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.