You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists show on desktop but not on laptop signed in to same account

I have iTunes on my desktop with music sorted into about 15 different playlists. I also have all of it on an iPod which I use as a backup.

I recently got a laptop, downloaded iTunes on to it, signed in with my AppleID and found that while all the music is on there, none of my playlists are showing. Both the desktop and laptop are Windows.

I have checked, and haven't hidden the playlists accidentally. My question is, is there any way to have the playlists restored? Would doing a reverse sync from the iPod work, or would that just confuse the issue even further?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 2:28 PM

If you still have the old desktop, see the 'Save copies of playlists to use on another computer' and 'Import an iTunes playlist' sections in:

Save a copy of your playlists in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Don't try to "reverse sync" which I believe is not even possible.

BTW, you should have posted this in the "iTunes for Windows" forum.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 2:28 PM in response to Sorkar

If you still have the old desktop, see the 'Save copies of playlists to use on another computer' and 'Import an iTunes playlist' sections in:

Save a copy of your playlists in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Don't try to "reverse sync" which I believe is not even possible.

BTW, you should have posted this in the "iTunes for Windows" forum.

Playlists show on desktop but not on laptop signed in to same account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.