You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Photos Albums

When iPhoto changed to Photos software the iPhoto Events would be listed below my Photos albums. Recently I opened Photos and the albums listed were the iPhoto Events only. How can I retrieve my Photos albums?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 12:14 PM

Have you checked, if Photos has opened the correct library? You can see the path to the current library in the Photos > Preferences > General tab.

If this is the wrong Library, open Photos with options key held down, until you are seeing a Library Chooser dialog. Select a different library from the list of libraries.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 12:14 PM in response to treadlightly_9821

Have you checked, if Photos has opened the correct library? You can see the path to the current library in the Photos > Preferences > General tab.

If this is the wrong Library, open Photos with options key held down, until you are seeing a Library Chooser dialog. Select a different library from the list of libraries.

Missing Photos Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.