You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages + numbering pages

I have open a Pages book template. After opening it and transferring the contents of my book I noted that the pages numbers in the transferred document did not show. Pages normally has a section at the bottom of the page to show the numbers. Clicking on it gives a pop-up with options as to how you want the page numbers to show. This book template does not have that and I am at a loss how to show the page numbers - as e.g. 8 of 444. Can anyone help. Clive

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 3:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 4:39 AM

Hi Clive,

Not all templates show Headers and Footers.

For example, Template Chooser > Books > Blank Book. No Headers/Footers are visible.

Go to Format Panel > Document > click on (tick) Header and/or Footer.

Hover the cursor over where you think a Header/Footer should appear and click.

Click on Insert page Number to see this Menu:

Regards,

Ian.

P.S. Menu > View > Show Layout to see the Header and Footer fields after you choose them in Format > Document.

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2023 4:39 AM in response to thosclive

Hi Clive,

Not all templates show Headers and Footers.

For example, Template Chooser > Books > Blank Book. No Headers/Footers are visible.

Go to Format Panel > Document > click on (tick) Header and/or Footer.

Hover the cursor over where you think a Header/Footer should appear and click.

Click on Insert page Number to see this Menu:

Regards,

Ian.

P.S. Menu > View > Show Layout to see the Header and Footer fields after you choose them in Format > Document.

Ian.

Pages + numbering pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.