You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photostream

I have a iPhone 12 and use iCloud.

I don’t have a folder called my photo stream this is all confusing

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 1:43 PM

Apple has provided several cloud services for photos over the time.

My Photo Stream has been released in 2011 for Aperture and iPhoto to stream the new, recent photos to all our Apple devices. It has 2015 been replaced by iCloud Photos, but Apple kept it running for long time users with older devices, that could not upgrade to iCloud Photos (library). If you have been using iCloud Photos (library) and have not turned on My Photo Stream recently, you can ignore the warning. Neither iCloud Photos nor Shared Albums are effected by the final shut down of My Photo Stream. Some background information: About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2023 1:43 PM in response to suzi8

Apple has provided several cloud services for photos over the time.

My Photo Stream has been released in 2011 for Aperture and iPhoto to stream the new, recent photos to all our Apple devices. It has 2015 been replaced by iCloud Photos, but Apple kept it running for long time users with older devices, that could not upgrade to iCloud Photos (library). If you have been using iCloud Photos (library) and have not turned on My Photo Stream recently, you can ignore the warning. Neither iCloud Photos nor Shared Albums are effected by the final shut down of My Photo Stream. Some background information: About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream – Apple Support (UK)

photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.