You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the default "from" email address when composing a new email in iOS 16.5

I have 5 different email addresses in Apple Mail (on iPad), all of them are IMAP except one old POP address. I have set my AppleID to be one of the new IMAP addresses and done everything possible to try to make the old POP address the lowest priority (it used to be my previous AppleID) and yet every time I start a new email (if I have "all inboxes" selected) it has the old POP email as the default "from" address rather than any of the IMAP ones set as a higher priority. iOS 16.5 doesn't seem to have a "set as default" option in settings anymore, what on earth do I need to do?

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 8:02 PM

5 replies

Jul 1, 2023 7:41 PM in response to Sporkles

Follow up to last reply, I think I've found the solution.

If you go Settings > Mail there is a default account option in a subsection called "composing".

You have to scroll down to find the composing section in Mail (it's not a standalone section like accounts) and if you do a general search for default account in settings it won't show this option (I only got some weird thing about notes).

Clear as mud as always, Apple.

Changing the default "from" email address when composing a new email in iOS 16.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.