You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I never synced photos from one iPad to another, will I lose any photos?

Can I keep all my photos on this iPad?

iPad mini 5, 16

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 4:55 PM

Btjt wrote:

I don’t want to sync them. Question is…will I lose my pics on individual iPad (not in iCloud) when photo stream shuts down?

The very old My Photo Stream service is being closed-down by Apple:

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

My Photo Stream has been replaced by the far superior iCloud Photos:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you don’t see My Photo Stream in iPad settings, you have not previously used this service with your current AppleID. If available to you, the setting will be found here:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > My Photo Stream

If the setting isn’t visible, the service is no longer accessible to you. If the My Photo Stream service is still available, you will only be able to access and archive existing photos prior to total service closure that will occur in a few weeks.

All photos that are stored within iCloud Photos and your device Photo Library will continue to be available to you. If you haven’t done so already, you can enable iCloud Photos for your iPad from settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > Sync This iPad - set to ON

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2023 4:55 PM in response to Btjt

Btjt wrote:

I don’t want to sync them. Question is…will I lose my pics on individual iPad (not in iCloud) when photo stream shuts down?

The very old My Photo Stream service is being closed-down by Apple:

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

My Photo Stream has been replaced by the far superior iCloud Photos:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you don’t see My Photo Stream in iPad settings, you have not previously used this service with your current AppleID. If available to you, the setting will be found here:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > My Photo Stream

If the setting isn’t visible, the service is no longer accessible to you. If the My Photo Stream service is still available, you will only be able to access and archive existing photos prior to total service closure that will occur in a few weeks.

All photos that are stored within iCloud Photos and your device Photo Library will continue to be available to you. If you haven’t done so already, you can enable iCloud Photos for your iPad from settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > Sync This iPad - set to ON

If I never synced photos from one iPad to another, will I lose any photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.