You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem printing

Trying to print to a Samsung SCX 3401 printer. I've been printing extensively without issue, but then the scanner stopped working. Now the printer also doesn't work, inexplicably. I get the "Filter" failed in the dialog box. Any suggestions? I've searched Samsung (and HP which seems to be doing the software for Samsung printers now) websites for drivers, but all their drivers are all out of date (years before Ventura) and don't help. Any suggestions where I could find a successful driver to download?

iMac 24″

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 7:42 AM

Have you tried the Feb 27, 2023 V3.93.08 universal driver package?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg

If necessary, perhaps choosing something like the M2020 or M2070, or another model. This may or may not work.

You may have to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2023 7:42 AM in response to gregory l.

Have you tried the Feb 27, 2023 V3.93.08 universal driver package?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg

If necessary, perhaps choosing something like the M2020 or M2070, or another model. This may or may not work.

You may have to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Jul 1, 2023 8:04 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

I've used the driver that you linked, but it doesn't work. I tried printing with the Samsung M2020 software as you suggested, and the printing does work now (although I haven't checked if there are any issues with some features.) I also tried the Samsung M2070 driver from the menu, and that printed as well. However, neither one makes the scanner show up in Image Capture, as it used to do routinely. But that is something. Thanks. I would still like to locate a driver that works and can access the scanner features. Thanks for your suggestion.

problem printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.