You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air camera is showing not connected

Dear,

I have MacBook Air 2010 late Model A1369 Serial Number C0***DR1 faced issue for my camera is showing not connected. Else I open my MacBook and checked the camera cable is connected. I did reset SMC or Other recovery method but still the same.

I have also issued with my Trackpad. If anyone have solution for it. Please guide me how to fix it.

I attached some picture for your reference to understand my issue well.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 11:39 AM

Hi there!

Regrettably, due to the age of your MacBook Air, it isn't eligible for service. Please see Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support:

Owners of iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, or Apple TV products may obtain service and parts from Apple service providers, including Apple Store locations and Independent Repair Providers, for a minimum of 5 years from when Apple last distributed the product for sale.

Service and parts may be obtained for longer, as required by law or for up to 7 years, subject to parts availability. Additionally, Mac laptops may be eligible for an extended battery-only repair period for up to 10 years from when the product was last distributed for sale, subject to parts availability.

With the identified hardware issues, I'd recommend upgrading to a new Mac. A new Mac would have many new features, run the latest version of macOS, and have great performance and battery life.

I'd recommend exploring Buy Mac - Apple. You'll find information on new Mac models, see comparisons, and get shopping help.

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2023 11:39 AM in response to TalatHamid

Hi there!

Regrettably, due to the age of your MacBook Air, it isn't eligible for service. Please see Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support:

Owners of iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, or Apple TV products may obtain service and parts from Apple service providers, including Apple Store locations and Independent Repair Providers, for a minimum of 5 years from when Apple last distributed the product for sale.

Service and parts may be obtained for longer, as required by law or for up to 7 years, subject to parts availability. Additionally, Mac laptops may be eligible for an extended battery-only repair period for up to 10 years from when the product was last distributed for sale, subject to parts availability.

With the identified hardware issues, I'd recommend upgrading to a new Mac. A new Mac would have many new features, run the latest version of macOS, and have great performance and battery life.

I'd recommend exploring Buy Mac - Apple. You'll find information on new Mac models, see comparisons, and get shopping help.

Jack

MacBook Air camera is showing not connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.