You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting missed call alert and phone doesn’t ring

When someone makes a call, my phone doesn’t ring and it shows as busy to others and i get missed call alert. once they make multiple calls, then it connects to me. Initially I thought, this might be reason of network provider and i ported it to another one but problem is still same. I went trough multiple of video telling about dnd/silent issue on phone, but this is not valid in my case. Is this case related to phone technicalities?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 7:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 8:03 PM

Contact your Carrier.

All tones are from the Carrier's Tower none of it are from the iPhone or any phone for that matter

• Dial tone.
  • Ringing tone.
  • Busy signal.
  • Reorder tone.
  • Disconnect tone.
  • Special information tone.
  • Off-hook tone.

Read this for better understanding Call-progress tone - Wikipedia

3 replies

Jun 16, 2024 11:55 PM in response to arush210

When someone makes a call, my phone doesn’t ring and it shows as busy to others and i get missed call alert. once they make multiple calls, then it connects to me. Initially I thought, this might be reason of network provider and i ported it to another one but problem is still same. I went trough multiple of video telling about dnd/silent issue on phone, but this is not valid in my case. Is this case related to phone technicalities? Worst mobile

Getting missed call alert and phone doesn’t ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.