You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I play music from my iPod through my new car 's stereo?

My new car doesn't seem to want to connect to my iPod with all my music. It has worked on previous car stereos but won't show up on this latest system.

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 11:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 11:38 PM

What type of iPod do you have?

If it is an iPod Touch, you might be able to connect it to a CarPlay-equipped car.

iOS - CarPlay - Apple

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

I believe that every iPod has a headphone jack. Your car stereo might have a 3.5mm audio input port. If not, there are third-party devices that will plug into a headphone jack such as

• FM transmitters
  • BlueTooth transmitters
  • Adapters with a 3.5mm plug on one end, and a fake Compact Cassette on the other

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2023 11:38 PM in response to Busminder

What type of iPod do you have?

If it is an iPod Touch, you might be able to connect it to a CarPlay-equipped car.

iOS - CarPlay - Apple

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

I believe that every iPod has a headphone jack. Your car stereo might have a 3.5mm audio input port. If not, there are third-party devices that will plug into a headphone jack such as

• FM transmitters
  • BlueTooth transmitters
  • Adapters with a 3.5mm plug on one end, and a fake Compact Cassette on the other

Can I play music from my iPod through my new car 's stereo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.