You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and monitor

The keyboard has been unresponsive at the beginning of the purchase, and the 5 button is almost unusable at present.Last week I tried to press the 5 button and the whole screen went dark.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 11:06 AM

"The keyboard has been unresponsive at the beginning of the purchase," I understand that to meant is came that way.

If you received a new Mac and the keyboard never worked, you should have returned it immediately; it's defective. If you bought a used Mac, you should take it back to the seller; it's defective.

At this point, you can run Apple hardware diagnostics to help determine if you have a hardware issue: Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

But if your Mac is completely inoperable, you are probably going to have to have Apple examine it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2023 11:06 AM in response to Chien52

"The keyboard has been unresponsive at the beginning of the purchase," I understand that to meant is came that way.

If you received a new Mac and the keyboard never worked, you should have returned it immediately; it's defective. If you bought a used Mac, you should take it back to the seller; it's defective.

At this point, you can run Apple hardware diagnostics to help determine if you have a hardware issue: Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

But if your Mac is completely inoperable, you are probably going to have to have Apple examine it.

Keyboard and monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.