You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn Off Apple TV ScreenSaver During Music Playback

I use the Apple TV to stream music from the iTunes library on my computer to my tv/stereo system. I have the screensaver set up NOT to activate during playback, and it used to work fine (i.e. the album cover for whatever song was playing would stay on). Ever since the last update a few weeks back, the screensaver activates even though music is still playing. (And, later, goes into sleep mode.) It seems not to recognize the Apple TV as being in use when it's streaming music (as opposed to when I'm using it to watch streaming video from an App). Any way to fix this? I've tried rebooting, but no luck.

Apple TV HD

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 1:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 5:14 PM

Yes, thank you, that is the setting I use. However, the screensaver is still starting up even though the music is playing.

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 9, 2023 7:27 AM in response to popkulcher

For my AppleTV 4K (newest update tvOS 17.1) -I want the screensaver to come on after 2 minutes while listening to Apple Music, (I have it switched to activate during music and podcasts.) However, it will not come on if I stay on the Music page showing the album cover, but if I click back onto the Home Page while listening to music, the screensaver will come on after two minutes. I wish the screensaver would come on while staying on the Music page showing the album art, but no biggy I guess.

Turn Off Apple TV ScreenSaver During Music Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.