You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find software update in settings

hello i can't find software update in settings and spotlights i want to update my macbook can you help me?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 2:22 PM

There is no software update on versions of macOS prior to Mojave. It would be the Update toolbar item when the Mac App Store is launched. On Mojave thru Monterey, there is System Preferences : Software Update, and on Ventura, it is System Settings : General : Software Update.

Upgrading the operating system may be restricted based on the year of your Mac hardware. See the Apple () menu : About This Mac panel. Look at what is in parenthesis on the product description line. What is it?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2023 2:22 PM in response to maricar49

There is no software update on versions of macOS prior to Mojave. It would be the Update toolbar item when the Mac App Store is launched. On Mojave thru Monterey, there is System Preferences : Software Update, and on Ventura, it is System Settings : General : Software Update.

Upgrading the operating system may be restricted based on the year of your Mac hardware. See the Apple () menu : About This Mac panel. Look at what is in parenthesis on the product description line. What is it?

can't find software update in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.