You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade the MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 to the macOS Ventura?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 12:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 11:47 AM

MacTracker shows that Monterey is the end of the line for MacBook Pro models released in 2016.

32-bit applications will run on SIerra, but not on Catalina and above – so the OP may want to check whether there are any 32-bit applications that he will need to upgrade or replace, before upgrading. Making a backup before upgrading would also be a good idea.

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2023 11:47 AM in response to Niel

MacTracker shows that Monterey is the end of the line for MacBook Pro models released in 2016.

32-bit applications will run on SIerra, but not on Catalina and above – so the OP may want to check whether there are any 32-bit applications that he will need to upgrade or replace, before upgrading. Making a backup before upgrading would also be a good idea.

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.