You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri & Voice Recognition

My wife and I both have iPhone 13, and she has an older iPhone 11 for work.

On our personal iPhone 13s, Siri will only respond to the "Hey Siri" from the

owner of the phone who set Siri up.

OTOH, although I had nothing to do with setting Siri up on my wife's work phone,

Siri responds to my wife's or my "Hey Siri".

While that might seem to be beneficial, the other night when using my flashlight

via my Siri, I think we nearly had a fire under her work phone. We checked, and

her iPhone 11 from work does recognize my "Hey Siri" as well as my wife's voice.

How unusual is this?

Can all iPhones be made to do this?

When is Siri going to get smarter?

Thanks

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 2:44 PM

Here is what I would do in this situation.

Your objective is apparently to have your wife’s iPhone 11 recognize only her voice for “Hey Siri” and not yours. Therefore, re-train the iPhone 11 as follows:

Settings > Siri & Search … turn off “Listen for ‘Hey Siri’” then turn it back on. Then she can set up “Hey Siri” as instructed.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2023 2:44 PM in response to elvisNoir

Here is what I would do in this situation.

Your objective is apparently to have your wife’s iPhone 11 recognize only her voice for “Hey Siri” and not yours. Therefore, re-train the iPhone 11 as follows:

Settings > Siri & Search … turn off “Listen for ‘Hey Siri’” then turn it back on. Then she can set up “Hey Siri” as instructed.

Siri & Voice Recognition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.