You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

same id with two other devices

I have my ipad connected to my iphone and I was wondering if i sign out of my ipad to make another apple id, will it also sign out of my iphone?

it happened before but it was vise versa (signed out of my iphone and then it signed out my ipad)

im asking this because i dont know if it only works for phones or?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 9:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 10:11 AM

rekitoooo wrote:

I have my ipad connected to my iphone and I was wondering if i sign out of my ipad to make another apple id, will it also sign out of my iphone?

No. Signing out of one device has no effect on any other device. Signing out effectively disconnects the devices from each other.

it happened before but it was vise versa (signed out of my iphone and then it signed out my ipad)

Not likely. Something else must have happened.

Signing out of a device works on all devices. It will not sign you out of other devices automatically however. It will just sign you out of the device you are signing out on.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2023 10:11 AM in response to rekitoooo

rekitoooo wrote:

No. Signing out of one device has no effect on any other device. Signing out effectively disconnects the devices from each other.

Not likely. Something else must have happened.

Signing out of a device works on all devices. It will not sign you out of other devices automatically however. It will just sign you out of the device you are signing out on.

same id with two other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.