You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone somewhere has to know how to locate a dead iphone without find my iphone being enabled

someone somewhere has to know how to locate a dead iphone without find my iphone being enabled

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:51 PM

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

The other way to find it is to post notices about a lost item, ask friends, take a walk to places you visited recently.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2023 12:51 PM in response to jojododo9987

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

The other way to find it is to post notices about a lost item, ask friends, take a walk to places you visited recently.

Jul 6, 2023 1:38 PM in response to jojododo9987

jojododo9987 wrote:

So ask yourself this question. If your iPhone is dead and is not putting out signal, because it has no power left, how would you expect to find it? If you had had Find My enabled it would at least have told you the last location before the iPhone died.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.