You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some incoming iPhone calls do not notify me even though I do not have do not disturb enabled

Frequently I am waiting for a call and my phone never rings or notifies me that the call is incoming. I only discover I missed the call when I look at Recent calls and see a number in red. Frustrating. No, "Do Not Disturb" is not enabled. This doesn't happen on all incoming calls, just a few, mostly numbers that are not in my directory. Would it help if I restored my iPhone back to default?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:26 PM

Probably you have turned on Silence Unknown Callers, in Settings > Phone, then scroll down, tap Silence Unknown Callers, and turned on the feature. Calls from unknown numbers are silenced and sent to your voicemail, and appear in your recent calls list.

1 reply

some incoming iPhone calls do not notify me even though I do not have do not disturb enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.