You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote change to colour scheme on a radio app

I was using my radio, for about an hour, and had my iPad closed. When I reopened it, the colour scheme had been changed, and a dialogue box on top which I have not seen before. The only way to change the colour within the app is to go into settings.

My concern is that my iPad has been remotely changed. To my knowledge, my iPad has NOT been jailbroken, and I am NOT attached to a MDN network. My iPad had previously been attacked with a keylogger, and I had to factory reset my device.

How do I check if I have been compromised?

Does this person have root access, as I understand that that is the only way that changes can be made?

To be clear, I have never passed my login details to anyone, nor has my device left my sight since ownership. I have 2FA. I have checked the analytics, and nothing has appeared since May 2023 for this app.

Can someone advise.

VERSION 16.5.1

Ipad 9th Generation

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 5:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 6:42 AM

I agree with WheelieNick that it is almost impossible that your iPad has been compromised.

What is the name of the app? What did the dialog box say? Do you have Settings>App Store>Automatic Downloads>App Updates enabled? If so, it's possible that the developer of the app pushed an update. I have a podcast app that regularly changes the icon for various holidays and other occasions. While I can also change it myself from within the app, the developer can push updates.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2023 6:42 AM in response to jessamine147

I agree with WheelieNick that it is almost impossible that your iPad has been compromised.

What is the name of the app? What did the dialog box say? Do you have Settings>App Store>Automatic Downloads>App Updates enabled? If so, it's possible that the developer of the app pushed an update. I have a podcast app that regularly changes the icon for various holidays and other occasions. While I can also change it myself from within the app, the developer can push updates.

Remote change to colour scheme on a radio app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.