You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there no compatible color laser printers for Ventura?

Is there no compatible laser printer for 27” yVentura?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:45 PM

And where the vendors may have dropped support for their laser printer model, it may very well be supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint (no vendor drivers necessary) provided it is networked (wired/Wi-Fi). Check the AirPrint list.

My Samsung ML2955ND laser lost support after the HP acquistion of Samsung's printer division several years ago, but it has been supported ever since by Apple's AirPrint, even on Ventura 13.4.1.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2023 2:45 PM in response to Idgie1225

And where the vendors may have dropped support for their laser printer model, it may very well be supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint (no vendor drivers necessary) provided it is networked (wired/Wi-Fi). Check the AirPrint list.

My Samsung ML2955ND laser lost support after the HP acquistion of Samsung's printer division several years ago, but it has been supported ever since by Apple's AirPrint, even on Ventura 13.4.1.

Jul 7, 2023 1:45 PM in response to Idgie1225

There are plenty of them. I'm using a Xerox Versalink C405 with Ventura now.

Just go to the major manufacturers sites (HP, Xerox, Canon, Brother), click on the laser printers you're interested in and then check the technical specs of each one to see what versions of macOS they support.

Often, the lists are old. But if it supports Monterey and Big Sur, then it's almost certain to also work with Ventura.

Jul 7, 2023 4:20 PM in response to Idgie1225

When looking for a printer, make sure it has "AirPrint" support, and it will be compatible to your Mac without the need for any manufactures drivers. This means it will remain compatible for the life of the printer, and not depend on the manufacture updating their drivers for each release of macOS.

AirPrint support is the only way to go.

I am getting a new printer delivered tomorrow (black & white), and the key #1 item I checked for was AirPrint support. Any printer that did not have AirPrint support was rejected immediately.

Are there no compatible color laser printers for Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.