You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My NOTES app on my iPad doesn't have a "Device" folder--just "Cloud."

How do I get my NOTES app entries on my iPad and not in the CLOUD...?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 8:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 5:06 PM

Hi Chanc2g,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

So we do want to make you aware that what you're seeing is expected behavior. You would only see the "On My iPad" section if you don't have your notes synced with an iCloud or any other email account; however, since you stated that you're not trying to use another device, even if you're offline you should still be able to access the notes created on your iPad. This should only affect notes that are synced to your iPad from another device.

With that being said, you can turn off any accounts you may have set up to sync your notes to by going into Settings > Notes > Accounts. Check out this link for more details: Add or remove accounts in Notes on iPad - Apple Support

We hope that's able to help.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2023 5:06 PM in response to Chanc2g

Hi Chanc2g,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

So we do want to make you aware that what you're seeing is expected behavior. You would only see the "On My iPad" section if you don't have your notes synced with an iCloud or any other email account; however, since you stated that you're not trying to use another device, even if you're offline you should still be able to access the notes created on your iPad. This should only affect notes that are synced to your iPad from another device.

With that being said, you can turn off any accounts you may have set up to sync your notes to by going into Settings > Notes > Accounts. Check out this link for more details: Add or remove accounts in Notes on iPad - Apple Support

We hope that's able to help.

Cheers!

Jul 10, 2023 11:33 AM in response to Chanc2g

Hey there Chanc2g,

It sounds like you're trying to possibly get notes from another device to also appear on your iPad. If that's the case, you would need to have your notes synced/backed up from the original device. While iCloud is one of the main ways to sync this data, you might be able to find third party options to sync notes with.

If you decide to use iCloud after looking into your options, you'll want to reference the link below for guidance:

Set up iCloud for Notes on all your devices - Apple Support

Should you need help with something else or have issues with the notes on your iPad, feel free to provide those details in a reply.

Take care!

Jul 10, 2023 4:42 PM in response to hc1111

Thanks for your reply, but, no, I'm not trying to use another device. My iPad has a single folder for the NOTES app--"CLOUD." There should be a "DEVICE" folder--but it's not there.

I want to have access to my notes when I am not connected to the iCloud.

I would like to move/copy some of my notes from iCloud to the pad itself.

My NOTES app on my iPad doesn't have a "Device" folder--just "Cloud."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.