You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change account on airpod pro

change apple account tied to airpod pro

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 12:16 PM

Greetings AnthonyDiS,

If your AirPods are connected to another Apple ID, these steps should help:

"Remove a Find My network accessory or device from an Apple ID

Use these steps to remove devices such as AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and iPhone Leather Wallet, Apple items such as AirTag, or Find My network accessories from an Apple ID.

These steps also unpair the device or item from an Apple ID. When you unpair the device or item from the Apple ID, you also remove Find My Lock, which is the association of the device or item with an Apple ID. Find My Lock needs to be removed before you can pair the device or item with a different Apple ID.

• If the device or item is paired with the Apple ID of the previous owner, the previous owner needs to follow these steps to remove the device or item from their Apple ID.
  • The device or item doesn't have to be connected via Bluetooth to the iPhone or other Apple device that is used to remove it from an Apple ID — but the process might happen more quickly if it's Bluetooth-connected and within Bluetooth range." If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2023 12:16 PM in response to AnthonyDiS

Greetings AnthonyDiS,

If your AirPods are connected to another Apple ID, these steps should help:

"Remove a Find My network accessory or device from an Apple ID

Use these steps to remove devices such as AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and iPhone Leather Wallet, Apple items such as AirTag, or Find My network accessories from an Apple ID.

These steps also unpair the device or item from an Apple ID. When you unpair the device or item from the Apple ID, you also remove Find My Lock, which is the association of the device or item with an Apple ID. Find My Lock needs to be removed before you can pair the device or item with a different Apple ID.

• If the device or item is paired with the Apple ID of the previous owner, the previous owner needs to follow these steps to remove the device or item from their Apple ID.
  • The device or item doesn't have to be connected via Bluetooth to the iPhone or other Apple device that is used to remove it from an Apple ID — but the process might happen more quickly if it's Bluetooth-connected and within Bluetooth range." If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

change account on airpod pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.