You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to register a new ipad

How can I register a new ipad?

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 4:40 PM

There is no “registration” procedure. When setting-up your new iPad (or any Apple device) with your AppleID, the device is automatically associated with your AppleID account.

That’s it - it’s now “registered” to you (or more accurately, to your AppleID).

If you also enable Find My iPad, this ensures that the iPad remains associated with your AppleID - and if lost or stolen, the iPad can located and remotely wiped if necessary. This is the Activation Lock - that remains forever active until you remove it, preventing reuse by anyone other than you:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2023 4:40 PM in response to Davomcp

There is no “registration” procedure. When setting-up your new iPad (or any Apple device) with your AppleID, the device is automatically associated with your AppleID account.

That’s it - it’s now “registered” to you (or more accurately, to your AppleID).

If you also enable Find My iPad, this ensures that the iPad remains associated with your AppleID - and if lost or stolen, the iPad can located and remotely wiped if necessary. This is the Activation Lock - that remains forever active until you remove it, preventing reuse by anyone other than you:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

I want to register a new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.