You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery

Hi was there a time when you could use an alternate email to recover your account at one time. I just removed an email that I had on my account which is one I don't use much and now it's asking me to make a recovery method?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 1:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 2:19 PM

There's reference to it here About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

"If you had a rescue email address on file when you upgraded to two-factor authentication or two-step verification, that email becomes your notification email. You can also use these steps to edit your notification email address. If you remove the notification email, you won't be able to add a new one."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2023 2:19 PM in response to Puzzinboot

There's reference to it here About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

"If you had a rescue email address on file when you upgraded to two-factor authentication or two-step verification, that email becomes your notification email. You can also use these steps to edit your notification email address. If you remove the notification email, you won't be able to add a new one."

recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.