You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone able to be hacked?

is my iPhone able to be hacked? I was told that my iPhone was being monitored and being controlled by my ex. It’s not jail broken. I tried to create a whole new Apple ID and the iPhone error message said that I have too many Apple ids created in this phone…

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 9:01 PM

Your iPhone is not hacked. Your ex could have your Password if it was given to him. There is no need to create a new Apple ID, you can change the Password here:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you have another email address that you want to use for your Apple ID, you can change your Apple ID too:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You will also want to make sure that there are not Trusted Phone numbers listed that are not yours at Settings > [name on top] > Password & Security > Trusted Phone Number

Also review the Trusted Devices by going to Settings > [name on top], and scroll down to the bottom to view other devices that are linked to your Apple ID. You can tap on them and remove them if they are not yours.

You should not be part of a Family Sharing plan. This can be checked at Settings > [name on top] > Family Sharing. If it has not been set up it will show a Welcome screen that you can cancel. If it is set up, it will list the people in the Family Sharing plan. If you see his name there, reply back with further instructions. If you are the Organizer you can remove him there or leave the Family Sharing group.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

For more information if you think your Apple ID has been compromised:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2023 9:01 PM in response to Sirap23

Your iPhone is not hacked. Your ex could have your Password if it was given to him. There is no need to create a new Apple ID, you can change the Password here:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you have another email address that you want to use for your Apple ID, you can change your Apple ID too:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You will also want to make sure that there are not Trusted Phone numbers listed that are not yours at Settings > [name on top] > Password & Security > Trusted Phone Number

Also review the Trusted Devices by going to Settings > [name on top], and scroll down to the bottom to view other devices that are linked to your Apple ID. You can tap on them and remove them if they are not yours.

You should not be part of a Family Sharing plan. This can be checked at Settings > [name on top] > Family Sharing. If it has not been set up it will show a Welcome screen that you can cancel. If it is set up, it will list the people in the Family Sharing plan. If you see his name there, reply back with further instructions. If you are the Organizer you can remove him there or leave the Family Sharing group.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

For more information if you think your Apple ID has been compromised:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Jul 12, 2023 9:22 PM in response to Sirap23

Sirap23 Said:

"Is my iPhone able to be hacked?: is my iPhone able to be hacked? I was told that my iPhone was being monitored and being controlled by my ex. It’s not jail broken. I tried to create a whole new Apple ID and the iPhone error message said that I have too many Apple ids created in this phone…"

-------

An iPhone Being Hacked:

Only if it is jailbroken. So, if you purchased it from Apple, then no worries there.

So, what to do...

Set this up anew, as if you were to sell it. Perform as incited here, including the iCloud logout, and backup creation: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If this is not logged in under your own Apple Account, then you cannot do this.

Is my iPhone able to be hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.