You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - MyAlbum regularly changing how it sorts photos in album

I organise a large volume of photos in a number of albums, important to my job.

I have tried to repeatedly View>Sort>Newest First

Then, every now and then, it just changes this, and starts putting new photos at the bottom

(it's so weird - it maintains the previous order of 'newest first' then randomly puts the new 20 photos I have added to the bottom.)

There have been no system updates when this happens I have tried to fix and it all goes awry and I waste hours trying to get right again.

Apple is so great at so many things, the comp of choice for photographers - and yet I have so many problems with Photos. It doesn't make sense.

iMac Pro (2017)

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 10:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 11:01 PM

When you sort an album the "newest first" will sort the photos according to the date the photos have been taken, not the date the photos have been imported. The "new" photos may have older capture dates than the photos already in the album. Have you checked the dates in the Info of the "new" photos?

And the sort command will apply only to the album you are currently viewing.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2023 11:01 PM in response to hnanders

When you sort an album the "newest first" will sort the photos according to the date the photos have been taken, not the date the photos have been imported. The "new" photos may have older capture dates than the photos already in the album. Have you checked the dates in the Info of the "new" photos?

And the sort command will apply only to the album you are currently viewing.

Photos - MyAlbum regularly changing how it sorts photos in album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.