You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All videos are sped up

I don’t know what happened but all my videos just randomly started being sped up even on YouTube and other sites, I was just trying to watch something in my camera roll and it went by faster than normal so like usual I shut my phone down and turned it back on and nothing happened and then I even tried updating my phone and that didn’t do anything either

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 1:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 2:00 AM

If you're experiencing videos playing at a faster speed than normal, there might be a couple of reasons for this:

• Sometimes, videos are imported from Windows and the file itself may have corrupted or encoded with incorrect settings, causing playback issues. Try playing the video on a different device or using a different video player to see if the speed issue persists. If the video plays faster on other devices, it could indicate an issue is not with your iPhone's Photos app.
  • You're playing the video in slow motion. The Photos app has a built-in slow motion feature that allows you to play videos back at half or quarter speed. If you're not aware that the video is in slow motion, it might appear to be speeding up when you play it back. To check if the video is in slow motion, look for the "Slow Motion" label in the upper-left corner of the screen.
  • Your iPhone is running low on storage space. If your iPhone is running low on storage space, it might start to delete temporary files, including video files. This could cause videos to play back incorrectly, including speeding up. To free up storage space on your iPhone, you can delete old apps, photos, and videos, or you can move them to a cloud storage service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2023 2:00 AM in response to Max0601

If you're experiencing videos playing at a faster speed than normal, there might be a couple of reasons for this:

• Sometimes, videos are imported from Windows and the file itself may have corrupted or encoded with incorrect settings, causing playback issues. Try playing the video on a different device or using a different video player to see if the speed issue persists. If the video plays faster on other devices, it could indicate an issue is not with your iPhone's Photos app.
  • You're playing the video in slow motion. The Photos app has a built-in slow motion feature that allows you to play videos back at half or quarter speed. If you're not aware that the video is in slow motion, it might appear to be speeding up when you play it back. To check if the video is in slow motion, look for the "Slow Motion" label in the upper-left corner of the screen.
  • Your iPhone is running low on storage space. If your iPhone is running low on storage space, it might start to delete temporary files, including video files. This could cause videos to play back incorrectly, including speeding up. To free up storage space on your iPhone, you can delete old apps, photos, and videos, or you can move them to a cloud storage service.

All videos are sped up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.