You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Response

I had security response accidentally turned on and had to install it without and opposition to not install it but even if I delete it afer the install and have the selection turned off it continues to pop up to be reinstalled I cannot clear it out any info on how to get rid of security response updates? This is (c) I don’t need help for anything and this addition is not necessary.!

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 2:26 AM

You can remove it if you want. See the pic below which is self-explanatory

This is how you can disable the Security Response. The pic below is self-explanatory

If you are referring to the iOS update badge that keeps coming up..

While updating iOS is not mandatory, but updating your iOS software provides essential security patches, bug fixes, and enhancements that fortify your device's defenses against potential vulnerabilities. By staying up to date, you ensure that your device benefits from the latest security measures implemented by Apple, reducing the risk of unauthorized access, data breaches, and other malicious activities. Regularly updating your iOS not only enhances the overall security of your device but also helps maintain the privacy and integrity of your personal information. Therefore, while it may not be obligatory, updating iOS is strongly recommended to ensure optimal protection for your device and sensitive data.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2023 2:26 AM in response to oneil115

You can remove it if you want. See the pic below which is self-explanatory

This is how you can disable the Security Response. The pic below is self-explanatory

If you are referring to the iOS update badge that keeps coming up..

While updating iOS is not mandatory, but updating your iOS software provides essential security patches, bug fixes, and enhancements that fortify your device's defenses against potential vulnerabilities. By staying up to date, you ensure that your device benefits from the latest security measures implemented by Apple, reducing the risk of unauthorized access, data breaches, and other malicious activities. Regularly updating your iOS not only enhances the overall security of your device but also helps maintain the privacy and integrity of your personal information. Therefore, while it may not be obligatory, updating iOS is strongly recommended to ensure optimal protection for your device and sensitive data.

Jul 14, 2023 4:02 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your reply which was what I did on 4 attempts however the

update continues to sit in my available updates waiting to be downloaded and installed. It seems to be almost locked into the update by force. Even if I have the buttons off when I delete before and after each attempt. This is an iPhone 8 Plus. IDK if this is an unknown issue in my version but when This type of update first came out as (a) I was able to delete it accurately. Now that this is (c) IDK if there was a (b) Offer afterwards because I never saw or received such. This being (c) may have a bug locked in which keeps me locked into taking it. Thanks for your offer to help.

Jul 24, 2023 6:19 PM in response to oneil115

Me too. It continues to download and install security updates and does not let me remove 16.5.1 which I very purposely declined to have it install. I have an iphone 13 mini. My iphoneX died coincidentally soon after 16.5.1. Then Apple pulled it, I turned it off and it's been installed automagically on my phone regardless of my not wanting it. Not only that but they automatically downloaded 16.6 and have just informed me that it will be installed on my next boot, or at the next possible charging interval. Is there any real way to avoid this gross overstepping of my device by Apple? The above steps don't actually accomplish the objective.

Jul 26, 2023 6:49 AM in response to wendyjboss

I just saw the update won’t be able to install until later asap

hope that solves our matter. I also need to upgrade soon. I’m wondering that because the IOS 17 will be the last acceptable on later versions after this update on my 8+ which I think will be the case.

I’ve not had many and very few problems with Apple. But there are some personal lifestyle matters I’m not agreeable with being basically imposed without consent. However I know many who agree with my morality grievances. But all being said Apple is better than others IMO

thanks for your reply and I’m sure they will clear up this SOS issue Which is totally not wanted by me.!🙏🏻👍🏼

Security Response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.