You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Available apps will not install on watch

Is there some manual way to install available apps on watch?

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 5:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 12:10 PM

I'd try a couple of things next:

1. Restart your Apple Watch (assuming it's all set up). This takes a couple of minutes, so be patient.
  2. Make sure you have your watch very close to your iPhone when you're trying to install available watch apps.

Also...can you double check to make sure you're signed into the same Apple ID on both your new iPhone and watch? I've seen this happen when there's a mismatch. (For example, I have two Apple IDs, and always have to make sure I'm using the proper one at the proper time.)

And one last thought, since you said this is a new iPhone. Did you Unpair your watch from your old iPhone before pairing it to your new iPhone?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2023 12:10 PM in response to whatever1115a

I'd try a couple of things next:

1. Restart your Apple Watch (assuming it's all set up). This takes a couple of minutes, so be patient.
  2. Make sure you have your watch very close to your iPhone when you're trying to install available watch apps.

Also...can you double check to make sure you're signed into the same Apple ID on both your new iPhone and watch? I've seen this happen when there's a mismatch. (For example, I have two Apple IDs, and always have to make sure I'm using the proper one at the proper time.)

And one last thought, since you said this is a new iPhone. Did you Unpair your watch from your old iPhone before pairing it to your new iPhone?

Jul 16, 2023 1:56 PM in response to whatever1115a

How have you been trying to install apps on your watch?

Make certain you're signed into the same Apple ID on both your watch and iPhone.

Then take a look at this to see how to install apps on your watch:

Get more apps on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you already have Apple Watch "enabled" apps on your phone, you'll see them in the iPhone's Watch app...scroll down and you'll see Installed Apps, for any you've already got on your phone, and Available Apps, for iPhone apps that have an available Apple Watch app.

Hope this helps.

Available apps will not install on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.