You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old number deletion

I got a new number on my iPhone 13 and when you go into your Apple ID, it shows my new number and it shows the old number but under the old number it says iMessages and iPhone will go to that number and I’m trying to delete it

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 9:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 1:00 AM

Try to set up iMessage and FaceTime With your new number to see if the issue is persisting

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure iMessage is turned on. You may need to wait a moment for it to be activated.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see "Use your Apple ID for iMessage", tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime on" section.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2023 1:00 AM in response to Ernestramon

Try to set up iMessage and FaceTime With your new number to see if the issue is persisting

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure iMessage is turned on. You may need to wait a moment for it to be activated.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see "Use your Apple ID for iMessage", tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime on" section.

Old number deletion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.