You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unBLOCK my camera for a telehealth session?

I’m using a new iPad at the moment to double check the settings to unlock my camera for video calls through Doxy.me. But where in the heck are those settings? I cannot find the Safari settings to begin the search.

I used my PC laptop windows 10 for this telehealth session. I could see and hear the doctor. She could hear me but NOT see me!

I managed to find the settings in Doxy.me, but the settings were all turned on! What’s up with that? Now that the session is over, I want to research this further on the PC as well as the iPad because I plan to use the iPad more and more.

Thanks for any suggestions, Linda

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 6:28 PM

Sure. To shut down the iPad, Turn iPad on or off - Apple Support. That also addresses how to force it to shut down if it "locks up" or becomes completely unresponsive (which ought to be a rare event).

To wake it, Wake and unlock iPad - Apple Support

Sleeping the iPad is best accomplished by just ignoring it (that's what I do) but you can manually put it to sleep by momentarily pressing its "top button" — Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support.

After a while all this becomes second nature.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2023 6:28 PM in response to singingdogsandcats

Sure. To shut down the iPad, Turn iPad on or off - Apple Support. That also addresses how to force it to shut down if it "locks up" or becomes completely unresponsive (which ought to be a rare event).

To wake it, Wake and unlock iPad - Apple Support

Sleeping the iPad is best accomplished by just ignoring it (that's what I do) but you can manually put it to sleep by momentarily pressing its "top button" — Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support.

After a while all this becomes second nature.

Jul 18, 2023 2:15 PM in response to singingdogsandcats

Maybe this is just your basic stop it “when in doubt reboot” thing? I never shut my computer down. I just put it to sleep at night.

Sure. That's what I do, since it's never necessary to routinely shut down a Mac. However, a simple reboot is justified whenever you suspect something isn't working properly.

Follow that doxy.me "help" page, where at the bottom it offers to interactively check your settings:

"You can also test permissions here to ensure everything is working correctly."

Everything worked as expected on an iPhone, an iPad, and the Mac I happen to be using at the moment. It all seems pretty well thought-out, so it stands to reason that their "please contact our support team" link ought to work too.

Other than that all I would suggest are the normal things to check when a website isn't working properly: no VPN, no "anti-virus" nonsense, etc, but if their support team can't help by all means write back. I'm not out of ideas yet.

How do I unBLOCK my camera for a telehealth session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.