You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringing on silent mode

My phone sometimes rings out loud when I am on silent mode if I get 3 calls in a row and I am trying to figure out how to disable that. I read another Q&A that mentioned you can disable the “allow repeated calls” feature in Do Not Disturb, but ideally I’d like to maintain that setting when I’m in Do Not Disturb. It seems like there should be separate settings for silent mode, but is that not the case?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 3:46 PM

Hello GH002!

Please confirm that your iPhone is indeed ringing when the Silent Mode Switch is ON (showing orange.) If so, we have a problem, because that shouldn’t happen, no matter how many calls you get.

Allow Repeated Calls (ARC) can be enabled when using a Focus, but if the Silent Mode Switch is on, no calls should be ringing out loud, no matter how many times the person calls you. AFAIK, ARC does not override the Silent Switch.

So my theory is, you think Silent Mode is on, but it isn’t, and DND is on.

👉 How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

👉 Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2023 3:46 PM in response to GH002

Hello GH002!

Please confirm that your iPhone is indeed ringing when the Silent Mode Switch is ON (showing orange.) If so, we have a problem, because that shouldn’t happen, no matter how many calls you get.

Allow Repeated Calls (ARC) can be enabled when using a Focus, but if the Silent Mode Switch is on, no calls should be ringing out loud, no matter how many times the person calls you. AFAIK, ARC does not override the Silent Switch.

So my theory is, you think Silent Mode is on, but it isn’t, and DND is on.

👉 How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

👉 Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Ringing on silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.