You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy iCloud photo link does not work.

I have followed the instructions to copy a link to several photos and videos that I have saved in icloud photos. I want to paste that link into an email for sharing. I did not use the email link option; I used the copy link option.

I have enabled Shared Albums on all my devices. When I look at Finder >> Edit >> show clipboard, nothing I try results in seeing a link copied to the clipboard. However, iCloud thinks it has copied a link. I see those several attempts listed under iCloud Links under iCloud photos on the web. When I try to copy a link from that view, I geet the same result. no link.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 10:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 5:15 PM

Hi Engineer Ted,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to copy and share photos with a link from the iCloud website. You'll want to make sure you're following these steps: Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

"You can share photos and videos in Photos on iCloud.com with an iCloud Link (not available in all countries or regions). Anyone with the link can view them.

Note: You can share photos and videos in your Personal Library. To share an item in an iCloud Shared Photo Library, use the Photos app on a device with iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16, macOS Ventura, or later.

Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link

1. In Photos on iCloud.com, select the photos or videos you want to share.
  2. Click the Share button, then do one of the following:
    • Choose Email, then click Open Mail. A new email window opens with a link to your photo collection.
    • Choose Copy Link, then click Copy Link. Share the link with friends. For example, you can paste it into a Messages conversation."

If that's not working, you may want to test to see if the issue occurs in another web browser which can help isolate the issue.

This article has some additional methods for using Shared Albums in Photos which you may find helpful: How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2023 5:15 PM in response to Engineer Ted

Hi Engineer Ted,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to copy and share photos with a link from the iCloud website. You'll want to make sure you're following these steps: Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

"You can share photos and videos in Photos on iCloud.com with an iCloud Link (not available in all countries or regions). Anyone with the link can view them.

Note: You can share photos and videos in your Personal Library. To share an item in an iCloud Shared Photo Library, use the Photos app on a device with iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16, macOS Ventura, or later.

Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link

1. In Photos on iCloud.com, select the photos or videos you want to share.
  2. Click the Share button, then do one of the following:
    • Choose Email, then click Open Mail. A new email window opens with a link to your photo collection.
    • Choose Copy Link, then click Copy Link. Share the link with friends. For example, you can paste it into a Messages conversation."

If that's not working, you may want to test to see if the issue occurs in another web browser which can help isolate the issue.

This article has some additional methods for using Shared Albums in Photos which you may find helpful: How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Copy iCloud photo link does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.