You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Locked

So my Dad forgot his Apple ID Password and ended up locking it. And when I try to reset it, It asks for Email Verification and Phone Number Verification. Once I do all of those, it says Verification Failed. Then I went to my computer to try and recover it there. After I verify my phone number there it says they will Update me in certain hours. Did that last week too. Received an email saying you will get to reset your Apple ID in a certain day certain time and they would call or text in the given phone number. And so the date was July 17th. The Text message or Phone call never came. And the Apple ID is still locked. Help?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 10:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 11:05 PM

It gave me the date and time but I didn't receive the call or text. I went back to iforgot.apple.com but had to repeat the same process again and they said they will update me in 7 hours now.

2 replies

Jul 18, 2023 10:49 PM in response to crystalstha

During account recovery if you start account recovery from any other place other than the apple device they are logged in to, then you can't use that device until after recovery. The system is automated, and picks up if the device that is logged in is being used.

If there are any other apple devices he's logged into, those need to be turned off as well until the date and time it says you can reset the Apple ID password.

When it gives you a date and time, if you don't receive the call or text, you can actually go back to iforgot.apple.com and it will give you the same instructions on how to reset there.

Good Luck

Apple ID Locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.