You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes library and flash drive

How can I download my iTunes library (my movies and tv shows) to a flash drive using my iPad Pro?

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 3:08 AM

iOS/iPadOS doesn’t provide any facility to copy media downloaded from its Music and AppleTV to external media - these being a deliberate measure (DRM - Digital Rights Management) intended to prevent unauthorised copying of copyright-protected media.

Media downloaded from other sources, stored outside of Apple’s own media Apps, may have greater flexibility upon where it is stored. You should note, however, that you’ll need an appropriate third-party App to play this media content.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2023 3:08 AM in response to arferbones

iOS/iPadOS doesn’t provide any facility to copy media downloaded from its Music and AppleTV to external media - these being a deliberate measure (DRM - Digital Rights Management) intended to prevent unauthorised copying of copyright-protected media.

Media downloaded from other sources, stored outside of Apple’s own media Apps, may have greater flexibility upon where it is stored. You should note, however, that you’ll need an appropriate third-party App to play this media content.

iTunes library and flash drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.