You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot select any tracks from my Apple music using bluetooth in my car

Hi,

I cannot select any tracks from my Apple music using bluetooth in my car AUDI A3 2017 DYNAMIC. I checked that Audi MMI system has a newest software.

I can see all playlist on my car system and I can select any playlist and play song. FF and RW button on my car is working correctly. Then, when I try to select any different song with car select button, does not change song. It is a problem.

If I play song via the "Song", "Albums" from the root directory on Apple Music Library, there is no problem with the same steps. I can select new song via car select button.

I think this issue is path problem. This problem is only seeing with our own created playlists on apple music.

For reproduce steps:

1- connect the phone with car

2- play any song in our own created playlists

3- If want to change the song from this playlist, does not work. Cannot select new track.

PS: I use Phone 14 Pro Max 256GB and IOS Version is 16.5.1 (c), Iremember that there is no problem with IOS Version 15.x...

I hope you can fix this issue with new IOS version. Because I have a lot of playlists in the apple music app and I always use this lists in my car.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 1:38 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 14, 2024 3:50 AM in response to mehmetkocabas

I also have this issue with a 14 Pro IOS 17.4.1. Doesn't happen with an XR IOS 16.**. Albums and Songs work fine. Song selection within a playlist does not. 2019 Mercedes E450. I have had several calls with level 2 support, sent videos to demonstrate and sent two diagnostic sessions for the engineers. No resolution yet. Can provide case number if requested by an Apple support tech in reply to this post. Oddly, the car was in the shop and when it came out, I could select playlist songs for a day or so but the function failed again and still doesn't work. The tech did not do any resets or disconnect the battery while he had the car. The 2023 MB E300 loaner I had during this service also had this issue.

Jul 31, 2024 5:37 AM in response to mehmetkocabas

I have had a dozen phone sessions with Level 2 Apple support on this issue since Feb and have sent multiple videos and diagnostic files to them for review by the engineers. I also identified a similar issue in BMW forums in 2019 with ios13 that was resolved. I am now told the engineers acknowledge my issue and hope to resolve in a future update. Will report back.

cannot select any tracks from my Apple music using bluetooth in my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.