You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro visuals freeze but audio continues

I am working the same way as I always do and all was working really well, but today (updated to the latest versions of iOS and FCP last Thursday during the update) whilst editing a video, after about 10 - 15 mins of editing or watching, the visual freezes but the audio continues.

I clear old renders and extra libraries, I have lots of memory space ...

What could be causing this and more importantly how do I resolve this as I am now way behind in my work schedule as I have to close down and restart each time.

Thank you for considering my predicament.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 12:56 PM

anjamelina wrote:

I am working the same way as I always do and all was working really well, but today
(updated to the latest versions of iOS and FCP
last Thursday during the update) whilst editing a video, after about 10 - 15 mins of editing or watching, the visual freezes but the audio continues.
What could be causing this and more importantly how do I resolve this as I am now way behind in my work schedule as I have to close down and restart each time.

updated from what to your current is not clear...(?)

ref: About incompatible media in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1c (22F770820d)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, security updates is iOS 16.5.1c

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Final Cut Pro 10.6.7 includes the following bug fixes: Version 10.6.7

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/final-cut-pro

If you are current above—

maybe visit the Final Cut Pro - Apple Community for similar issue

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2023 12:56 PM in response to anjamelina

anjamelina wrote:

I am working the same way as I always do and all was working really well, but today
(updated to the latest versions of iOS and FCP
last Thursday during the update) whilst editing a video, after about 10 - 15 mins of editing or watching, the visual freezes but the audio continues.

updated from what to your current is not clear...(?)

ref: About incompatible media in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1c (22F770820d)

The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, security updates is iOS 16.5.1c

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Final Cut Pro 10.6.7 includes the following bug fixes: Version 10.6.7

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/final-cut-pro

If you are current above—

maybe visit the Final Cut Pro - Apple Community for similar issue

Final Cut Pro visuals freeze but audio continues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.