You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor for mac studio

What kind of external monitors can I use with mac studio?

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 6:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
7 replies

Jul 26, 2023 4:42 PM in response to ciscokidd

If you want a 27" 5K monitor, there aren't many choices. There's the 27" Apple 5K Studio Display, there's the 27" LG UltraFine Display, and there's the Samsung 27" S90PC ViewFinity 5K Smart Monitor.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/monitors/high-resolution/viewfinity-s9-27-inch-5k-resolution-ls27c902pauxxu/

If you add up the price of the Apple 5K monitor, a Magic Keyboard, and a Magic Mouse, the damage is close to what you would have paid for an entry-level 27" 5K Retina iMac that included a (non-reusable) 5K display, and the keyboard/mouse, and the computer.

Essentially a big price hike at a time when 4K monitors are flooding the market. If Apple is not careful, this could be a repeat of what happened when a flood of 27" 2560x1440 monitors left 30" 2560x1600 ones all but dead.

Jul 27, 2023 11:05 PM in response to Servant of Cats

I'll probably just bite the bullet and get the Apple 5K 27" monitor. I already have both a magic mouse, track pad, cable etc., so that get the price down a bit, but nice I'm dropping a small fortune on the mac studio computer, I may as well go for the proverbial gusto and eat lettuce for a year or two.Thank you, and everyone, for your very helpful replies.

Monitor for mac studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.