You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot use iMessages on iPad because the iPad insists I enter password for a Apple ID I don’t own

I have talk to over six Apple employees over the past 5 years trying to resolve this issue. After back-and-forth phone meetings, all have given up with none giving follow up. Why this is, I do not know. Suffice to say it’s reached an epic level of bad. Again, cannot use iMessages on my iPad gen 3 because the iPad insists I enter password for a Apple ID I do not own. The device defaults to this incorrect Apple ID and from there I’m stuck.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 4:18 AM

Make sure it is your account that is signed into Messages and Facetime. Sign into a different Apple ID for these services in Settings. Note this has to be the same ID for both. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and make sure both your telephone number and Apple ID are input there and both show a checkmark. If you need more help, check out this link: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2023 4:18 AM in response to dan2500

Make sure it is your account that is signed into Messages and Facetime. Sign into a different Apple ID for these services in Settings. Note this has to be the same ID for both. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and make sure both your telephone number and Apple ID are input there and both show a checkmark. If you need more help, check out this link: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support .

cannot use iMessages on iPad because the iPad insists I enter password for a Apple ID I don’t own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.