You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t have access to my old phone, I need to pay my Apple Card, and need to add my card to my new phone.

I recently went through a divorce and my wife was the main name on the account. She took my phone back. I have no access to my Apple wallet or old email.

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 3:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you don't have access to your old phone, old email, or your Apple Wallet, there are still steps you can take to regain control of your Apple Card and set it up on your new phone. Here's what you can do:

1. Contact Apple Support: Reach out to Apple Support as soon as possible to explain your situation. They have experience dealing with various account-related issues and may be able to help you recover access to your Apple Card or suggest the necessary steps to resolve the situation.
  2. Verify Your Identity: Be prepared to provide any personal information that can help verify your identity. This may include your full name, date of birth, Social Security number, and any other information associated with your Apple Card account.
  3. Change Passwords: If you can still access your Apple ID through the Apple website or another trusted device, change your Apple ID password immediately to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
  4. Update Contact Information: If you have a new email address or phone number, update your Apple ID contact information so you can receive account-related notifications and reset your password if needed.
  5. Set up Apple Card on New Phone: Once you regain access to your Apple Card account, you can set it up on your new phone. Go to "Settings" > "Wallet & Apple Pay" and follow the prompts to add your Apple Card.
  6. Monitor Account Activity: Keep a close eye on your Apple Card account activity to ensure no unauthorized transactions occur.

Remember, it's essential to contact Apple Support as soon as possible and be patient throughout the process, as account recovery can take some time to resolve. If you have any other financial accounts or sensitive information associated with the old email or phone number, be sure to update that information as well to protect your data.

Additionally, consider safeguarding your accounts with strong, unique passwords and enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) whenever possible to enhance security.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2023 3:16 PM in response to Tdubz8715

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you don't have access to your old phone, old email, or your Apple Wallet, there are still steps you can take to regain control of your Apple Card and set it up on your new phone. Here's what you can do:

1. Contact Apple Support: Reach out to Apple Support as soon as possible to explain your situation. They have experience dealing with various account-related issues and may be able to help you recover access to your Apple Card or suggest the necessary steps to resolve the situation.
  2. Verify Your Identity: Be prepared to provide any personal information that can help verify your identity. This may include your full name, date of birth, Social Security number, and any other information associated with your Apple Card account.
  3. Change Passwords: If you can still access your Apple ID through the Apple website or another trusted device, change your Apple ID password immediately to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
  4. Update Contact Information: If you have a new email address or phone number, update your Apple ID contact information so you can receive account-related notifications and reset your password if needed.
  5. Set up Apple Card on New Phone: Once you regain access to your Apple Card account, you can set it up on your new phone. Go to "Settings" > "Wallet & Apple Pay" and follow the prompts to add your Apple Card.
  6. Monitor Account Activity: Keep a close eye on your Apple Card account activity to ensure no unauthorized transactions occur.

Remember, it's essential to contact Apple Support as soon as possible and be patient throughout the process, as account recovery can take some time to resolve. If you have any other financial accounts or sensitive information associated with the old email or phone number, be sure to update that information as well to protect your data.

Additionally, consider safeguarding your accounts with strong, unique passwords and enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) whenever possible to enhance security.

I don’t have access to my old phone, I need to pay my Apple Card, and need to add my card to my new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.